The Heartland Welsh Springer Spaniel Club welcomes you to the heartlands of Wisconsin in May 2019 to celebrate our beautiful Welsh Springer Spaniels!
This year’s National Specialty will be a part of the Dairyland Classic offered by the Badger and Janesville-Beloit Kennel Clubs. Whether you’d like to strut your stuff, hone a skill, try something new, or just relax amid the rolling hills, winding rivers, beer, cheese and yes – cows – there will be a variety of activities to enjoy with your dog, or on your own.
The National Specialty will be held at the Jefferson County Fair Park in Jefferson, Wisconsin. It is conveniently located mid-way between Madison, Wisconsin and Milwaukee, Wisconsin – less than an hour away from the beer capitol and the state capitol.
- May 1, Wednesday – Hunt Test, Group Dinner
- May 2, Thursday – Tracking Test
- May 3, Friday – Supported Entry, National Specialty Obedience and Rally (all breed). In the evening: Tracking Seminar, Trick Dog Test, WSSCA Judges Seminar and Gourmet Wisconsin Grilled Cheese Food Truck
- May 4, Saturday – Sweepstakes, National Specialty Conformation, Obedience and Rally (all breed). In the evening: WSSCA Annual Awards Banquet
- May 5, Sunday – Supported Entry and Iron Welsh Awards Ceremony.
We will also be holding an Iron Welsh Challenge, so begin training and planning your entries now!
Learn more by clicking on the links below. This site will be updated as more information becomes available.